I share everything I know about classroom management, teaching and learning, team building and more – lot’s more!
Click the menu at the top to get started, or check out my most-popular resources below.
Search Classroom Caboodle
I love all of your products! So easy to use right away in my classroom and standards-based. Thanks for sharing!”
I'm a new teacher and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us. I'm reading and learning and trying everything you suggest! Thanks.”
Betsy's Choice: Articles for Your Success
- Foundations of Great Classroom Behavior - Great elementary classroom behavior is built on a foundation of understanding, expectations and follow-through. Your step-by-step guide to a dream class.
- Effective Student Behavior Consequences - The end goal of classroom discipline is to create students who can hold themselves accountable for their choices. How to use a "step-aside" process that makes this much easier.
- How to Set Elementary Classroom Expectations - Properly setting expectations is the foundation for elementary classroom management. Step-by-step through the process, from preparation to reminders.
- Elementary Classroom Discipline Case Studies - Whatever classroom discipline approach you decide on, it will be unique to each individual student. Let's review some case studies and together we'll see what response patterns emerge.
- Building Your Classroom Team - Every student wants to be picked to be on your classroom team, and teachers have a real leadership role to play when it come to including kids; here's how to make it happen for you.
- 3. Teaching Effective Lessons - Teaching effective lessons comes from following an intentional process. From mini-lesson to gradual release and individualizing, I show it to you step-by-step.
- Reviewing Standards: Repetition and Recall - Repetition is the magic key for getting students to recall and apply Common Core and other standards on high-stakes tests. How to make repetition effective and easy for kids.
- Creating an Effective Classroom Setup - Your elementary classroom layout starts with an effective teaching focal point and the rest flows from there. Here's how to set up yours for greatest effect. Plus tips on your teacher desk location.