I share everything I know about classroom management, teaching and learning, team building and more – lot’s more!
Click the menu at the top to get started, or check out my most-popular resources below.
Search Classroom Caboodle
I love all of your products! So easy to use right away in my classroom and standards-based. Thanks for sharing!”
I'm a new teacher and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us. I'm reading and learning and trying everything you suggest! Thanks.”
Betsy's Choice: Articles for Your Success
- Foundations of Great Classroom Behavior- Great elementary classroom behavior is built on a foundation of understanding, expectations and follow-through. Your step-by-step guide.
- Effective Student Behavior Consequences- The goal of classroom discipline is to for students to hold themselves accountable for their choices. How to use a "step-aside" process that makes this easier.
- How to Set Elementary Classroom Expectations- Properly setting expectations is the foundation for elementary classroom management. Step-by-step through the process, from preparation to reminders.
- Elementary Classroom Discipline Case Studies- Your classroom discipline approach will be unique to each individual student. These case studies illustrate good responses to tough situations.
- Building Your Classroom Team- Every student wants to be on your classroom team. How your leadership can make teamwork happen with your elementary kids year after year.
- 3. Teaching Effective Lessons- Teaching effective lessons comes from following an intentional process. From mini-lesson to gradual release and individualizing, I show it to you step-by-step.
- Reviewing Standards: Repetition and Recall- Repetition is the magic key to getting students to recall and apply Common Core and other standards on high-stakes tests. How to make repetition effective and easy for kids.
- Creating an Effective Classroom Setup- Your elementary classroom layout starts with an effective teaching focal point and the rest flows from there. Here's how to set up your room for greatest effect.