Your indispensable Common Core Language resource!
Here it is: EVERY STANDARD you need to effectively teach language for your grade level.
I’ll be very surprised if you don’t use this handbook during every ELA block in your classroom. It’s an essential reference for applying Common Core State Standards any time, anywhere.
Download the sample (at top) to see what you get.
I took each standard and anchor and broke them down to the small steps students will take to achieve mastery. In my personal Language CCSS Handbook, I added lesson plans that worked well behind the applicable standard for easy reference.
“I have thoroughly enjoyed using these in my classroom. The simplicity of it made it very easy to use.” ~Erika w.
Each sheet includes:
- One Common Core State Standard
- Common Core State Standard anchor
- Essential skills students need to know in order to master each standard
- Academic vocabulary students will be familiar with
- Examples from the CCSS appendix
- Smarter Balanced Assessment claim
- Guiding questions to use in your Writing Workshop
- The equivalent standard that comes before and after your grade level
- Teaching ideas that help get you started with this standard
Teaching Language was never so easy
Keep this Language CCSS Handbook close at hand for creating guiding questions, or coming up with them on the fly when meeting with individuals or small groups.
I often brought my handbook with me to collaborative meetings with my teaching team. It came in handy to have the “before” and “after” standards at hand when meeting with my grade band of 2 or 3 grade levels for planning purposes.
TIP: Put these sheets in a binder with tabs for each CCSS. Behind each sheet you can file examples of student work and prompt ideas that students will work on that meet this standard.