Get “informed commitment” to taking care of your tech
Caring for elementary school computers and other technology means setting expectations and providing reminders. This take-home form can be signed by parents and returned.
Download the sample to see what you get
The important points are reinforced with the colorful poster, which can be placed in the elementary school computer lab or in your classroom near your laptops.
Technology integration in school just got a little bit easier!
There are three PDF's in this download:
- Full printing instructions (see them in the sample)
- Cut-and-glue (or tape) kit
- Take-home form
The final poster is 11 x 17 inches (28 x 43 cm).
Tip: Laminate to make it usable year after year.
Sample wording from the rules poster
- Use technology respectfully.
- Follow all rules of your teachers and school.
- Stick to polite behavior.
- Do not damage or change any school technology.
- Use technology only for school purposes.
- You may not print or make copies of anything without teacher permission.
Remember: You represent your school and district when you use technology. Use technology in ways that show your pride, care and respect!
Video tips: Setting expectations for computer usage
In this video, I explain how I have used this poster and form to manage technology when in charge of the school computer lab.