Your indispensable Common Core ELA resource… in one handbook!
Here is the complete package of all of my grade-level English Language Arts handbooks. Save big when you buy them together!
I’ll be very surprised if you don’t use this handbook during every English Language Arts block in your classroom. It’s an essential reference for applying Common Core State Standards any time, anywhere.
I took each standard and anchor and broke them down to the small steps students will take to achieve mastery. In my personal ELA Handbook, I added lesson plans that worked well behind the applicable standard for easy reference.
Download the sample (at top) to see what you get.
“This resource has been for sure the number one item I have used in planning for Common Core. Thank you for all of your time and energy that went into making this FABULOUS resource!” ~Jennifer B.
I would keep my binder on hand at every individual or small group conference during Writing Workshop.
Each sheet includes:
- One Common Core State Standard
- Common Core State Standard anchor
- Essential skills students need to know in order to master each standard
- Academic vocabulary students will be familiar with
- Examples from the CCSS appendix C
- Smarter Balanced Assessment claim
- Guiding questions to use in your Language Workshop
- The equivalent standard that comes before and after your grade level
- Teaching ideas that help get you started with this standard
Keep this ELA CCSS Handbook close at hand for creating guiding questions, or coming up with them on the fly when meeting with individuals or small groups.
I often brought my handbook with me to collaborative meetings with my teaching team. It came in handy to have the “before” and “after” standards at hand when meeting with my grade band of 2 or 3 grade levels for planning purposes.