Mean: A key concept, visually explained
Mean is a key data analysis concept for elementary students to master, and this step-by-step illustration will keep them on track. Once you have covered the applicable standards in your lesson, your kids will have an easy reference to use as they apply what they have learned.
Download the sample to see all you get.
Bonus: it shows any classroom visitors what you are working on!
Your mean resources
- Overview and instructions
- The cut-and-glue kit. Print it out on standard paper, trim it a little and put it together. Laminate it and you'll be able to use it year after year!
The cut-and-glue version can be trimmed to fit a standard flip-chart easel… approximately 27 x 34 inches (68 x 86 cm).
- The bulletin board kit. Print, trim and create a unique and engaging display that will capture students' attention.
- I also include a small version for you to 3-hole punch and put in a notebook. Your students will have access to the information even after you take down the anchor chart. Laminate and use it forever!
Common Core Focus: Math
- Organize, represent and interpret data.
- Develop understanding of statistical variability.
- Summarize and describe distributions.
These standards can apply to grades 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th.