Fe Fi Fo Fum…I smell fun!
Fill your room or hallway with GIANTS as students learn to apply estimating, measurement, and doubling measurements in a dramatic way. Plus you can include reading and writing instruction in this Jack and the Beanstalk elementary math lesson.
3rd Grade Sample
4th Grade Sample
5th Grade Sample
Click each title above to download a sample to see what you get.
After estimating the end result, children measure the different body parts of the giant, double them, transfer them to paper then get busy with paintbrushes.
It's a full lesson plan with scoring rubric and detailed instructions, plus reading and writing standards as extension activities
Video tips: Measurement giants in your classroom
Common Core focus: math
- Measurement and Data 3.MD / Represent and interpret data
- Measurement and Data 4.MD
- Operations and Algebraic Thinking 4.OA
- Measurement and Data 5.MD
- Number and Operations in Base Ten 5.NBT
- Number and Operations – Fractions 5.NF