Pictographs help kids “picture it”
Picture graphs are “picture perfect”… if they can picture it, they can understand it. Visual representation of data helps students engage with and comprehend facts and figures as they work on Common Core graphing standards in multiple grade levels.
Download the sample to see all you get.
It's a great reminder to post on your classroom wall or easel – almost like having another pair of hands once students learn to check their resources before asking for help.
Your pictograph resources
- Overview and instructions
- The cut-and-glue kit. Print it out on standard paper, trim it a little and put it together. Laminate it and you'll be able to use it year after year!
The cut-and-glue version can be trimmed to fit a standard flip-chart easel… approximately 27 x 34 inches (68 x 86 cm).
- The bulletin board kit. Print, trim and create a unique and engaging display that will capture students' attention.
- I also include a small version for you to 3-hole punch and put in a notebook. Your students will have access to the information even after you take down the anchor chart. Laminate and use it forever!
Common Core Focus: Math
- Classify objects into categories.
- Organize, represent and interpret data.
- Understand and describe statistical variability and distributions.
These standards can apply to grades K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th.