A perfect project for your little leprechauns!
What's at the end of YOUR rainbow? That's the prompt for this fun writing, illustration and craft project. Start with one of the recommended read-aloud stories, then lead students in grades 1-5 through the project with guiding questions.
Download the sample to see my easy, step-by-step instructions.
They end up with a very cute black pot. Lifting the flap reveals their “treasure!” Add a rainbow and they are perfect for a bulletin board display.
PDF download includes:
- Full instructions
- Lesson plan with story suggestions
- Copy masters for the project
Common Core Focus: Writing – Text Types and Purposes
- W.1.2 Write informative/explanatory texts
- Literacy.W.2.1 Write opinion pieces
- Literacy.W.2.2 Write informative/explanatory texts
- W.3.2 Write informative/explanatory texts
- W.3.2a Introduce a topic and group related information together
- W.3.2b Develop the topic with facts, definitions, and details
- W.3.2c Use linking words and phrases
- W.3.2d Provide a concluding statement or section
- W.4.2 Write informative/explanatory texts
- W.4.2a Introduce a topic clearly and group related information
- W.4.2b Develop the topic with facts, definitions, concrete details
- W.4.2c Link ideas within categories of information
- W.4.2d Use precise language and domain-specific vocabulary
- W.4.2e Provide a concluding statement or section
- W.5.2 Write informative/explanatory texts
- W.5.2a Introduce a topic clearly, provide a general observation
- W.5.2b Develop the topic with facts, definitions, concrete details
- W.5.2c Link ideas within and across categories
- W.5.2d Use precise language and domain-specific vocabulary
- W.5.2e Provide a concluding statement or section