Stop teacher interview stress…I'll show you how!
Just got the call for a teacher interview? Congratulations! What's next?
You know already don't you? Pumped to panicked in four steps:
- “Woo hoo!”
- “What am I going to wear?”
- “What am I going to say?!”
- “What was I thinking?!!”
I am constantly mystified about why teachers (and all job-hunters, really) focus so completely on their resume and pay no attention at all to preparing for their interview. I've sat on multiple interview committees where I have listened to a candidate and thought to myself:
“I liked you better on paper.”
Is it because it's hard to practice for an interview? Or because it's embarrassing to talk out loud to yourself as you work on crafting great answers?
Regardless, every teacher should keep one thing in mind:
The Resume Gets the Interview, But the Interview Gets the Job.
Hiring committees for public school jobs must often fill out scoring sheets during interviews. Guess what? There is not a single question on that sheet about “How pretty was their resume?”
It's all based on the words that come out of your mouth.
The good news is that practicing for an interview is easier that putting a good resume together. You just need a few tips and someone to point the way.
That's where I come in!
Sample Video from the Course
You'll do great at your teacher interview – with a few pointers!
Gain valuable insights from my experience…I've done dozens of interview from both sides of the table.
I can't completely eliminate nervousness (if you're not nervous, you're dead!)…but insights on what shoes to wear? Got ya covered!
Insights on what to say?
I'm all over that! We'll have you “walking the walk” and talking like a calm, cool, collected classroom pro no matter what your background is.
Take a video tour…see EXACTLY what you get!
I know I will interview 100% better after having read your suggestions.
~ Jill Jenson
Coming from college… or the classroom? Multiply the impact of your experience!
New to the profession?
Job or no job…you are a teacher! I'll show you how to display your “educator” credentials and provide personal examples of your effectiveness even if you don't have extensive time in the classroom.
Changing teaching jobs? Been out of the profession for awhile?
You've put in the classroom time…now how do you showcase your natural, instinctive “been there” experience?
Great teaching candidates don't rest on their record or let their resume do the talking…they make their classroom experience come alive with real-life examples of effective student impact.
Know what to expect and how to impress…before you even start talking
- What are they thinking? The interviewer mindset revealed
- What to wear…and what not to wear
- What to bring: your essential checklist
- Why perfect candidates don't get hired: forces beyond your control
Don't be afraid of experienced competition…your child-centered focus on results will score high marks with any interview committee.
“I've been out of the job market for awhile. This is just what I neeeded to get my head back in the interview game. The verbal examples are the best part!”
– Stacia Myers, Arkansas
How to use easy internet research to say what they really want to hear
- How to make the interviewers think “she'll fit right in”
- The 3-step response for most questions so you don't leave out important points
- The principal's secret: The last thing he wants to do with a new teacher
- The anti-fluster antidote: How to keep on track with a multi-part question
Be ready for the toughest teacher interview questions
- How to “tell us about yourself” without rambling
- How to “describe your biggest weakness” without damaging your credibility
- Over 100 practice interview questions…nearly anything they might ask!
Be in control: Wrap up the interview like a teaching pro
- What to ask the interviewers: your questions count as much as your answers
- Fielding personal questions with politeness and polish
- Resolving self-doubt: Are you competing against internal candidates?
I've carefully laid out all all of my interview insights and techniques in easy-to-understand instructions with lots of audio answer examples.
Whether you are new to the teaching game or changing jobs mid-stream, successful interviewing is critical. You can get started improving your hiring chances right away. It's up to you.
Order now. Just one click and you'll be starting your course in less than a minute! You won't be disappointed.
P.S. What if they ask you to teach a lesson? No problem…I cover that, too!