Valentines + Science = Fun with a Purpose
Valentines Day science comes alive in this fun and challenging lesson and worksheet combo. It's a perfect Valentine activity for reinforcing the scientific process in grades two, three, four, five and six.
Download the sample to see what you get.
“This was a great math/science activity and a lot of fun. I will definitely do this one again with next year's class.” ~Darlene L.
In this activity, students learn the scientific process:
- Ask a scientific question
- Make a prediction
- Follow a procedure
- Collect data
- Change one variable
- Perform the investigation again
- Write a conclusion
Who knew holidays and candy could be so scientific?
PDF download includes:
- Science standards
- Lesson tips
- 2-page worksheet for individual students or groups
Common Core Focus: Science
K – 1st Grade
- K-1 INQA Ask and answering questions by making and recording observations
- K-1 INQC Develop explanations using evidence
2nd – 3rd Grade
- 2-3 INQA, INQB Gain knowledge by predicting, planning, observing
- 2-3 INQF Use evidence from investigations and what is already known
4th – 5th Grade
- 4-5 INQB Include observations, field studies, controlled experiments and models
- 4-5 INQG Emphasize evidence, consistency, and scientific reasoning
6th – 8h Grade
- 6-8 INQB Consider different kinds of scientific investigations
- 6-8 INQD A valid experiment has only one manipulated variable