Foundations of Effective Elementary Teaching
Whether you are starting on your teaching journey or just stopped by for some refreshers, welcome to Classroom Caboodle.
There's a lot to learn when it comes to being a successful elementary school teacher. That's why I have hundreds of pages on this website devoted to nearly every detail of your success, from classroom management to teaching lessons…plus lots of lessons and other products that will make you an effective educator.
Where should you begin?
With the pages and resources I've linked below. They'll get you off to a fast start, then you can explore other topics and products as needed.
Good luck! And thanks for stopping by Classroom Caboodle.
P.S. If you'd like some background on me, check out my About page.
P.P.S. Ask me ANY question! Seriously. You can get hold of my using my Contact page.
Teaching resource articles
The pages below form the core of my approach to teaching. You'll notice that it's heavy on classroom management topics; without effective behavior management and team building, effective teaching cannot occur.
- Foundations of Great Classroom Behavior - Great elementary classroom behavior is built on a foundation of understanding, expectations and follow-through. Your step-by-step guide.
- Effective Student Behavior Consequences - The goal of classroom discipline is to for students to hold themselves accountable for their choices. How to use a "step-aside" process that makes this easier.
- How to Set Elementary Classroom Expectations - Properly setting expectations is the foundation for elementary classroom management. Step-by-step through the process, from preparation to reminders.
- Elementary Classroom Discipline Case Studies - Your classroom discipline approach will be unique to each individual student. These case studies illustrate good responses to tough situations.
- Building Your Classroom Team - Every student wants to be on your classroom team. How your leadership can make teamwork happen with your elementary kids year after year.
- 3. Teaching Effective Lessons - Teaching effective lessons comes from following an intentional process. From mini-lesson to gradual release and individualizing, I show it to you step-by-step.
- Reviewing Standards: Repetition and Recall - Repetition is the magic key to getting students to recall and apply Common Core and other standards on high-stakes tests. How to make repetition effective and easy for kids.
- Creating an Effective Classroom Setup - Your elementary classroom layout starts with an effective teaching focal point and the rest flows from there. Here's how to set up your room for greatest effect.
Lessons and lesson planning
These are my cornerstone teaching products for effective lesson planning and delivery, covering the major subjects taught in elementary.